Friday, April 02, 2010

So-Easy Lemon Butter Cake

And super yummy too!

Now I must emphasize that I am no baker and I have never ever baked a cake, save for brownie-ready-mixes. And those rock-hard cookies that I've baked have mostly ended up in the bin, after the first one went into the mouth. *bleah*

So whether you are better or worse when it comes to baking, and you so happen to crave for a lemon butter cake, then try this recipe! It's not too sweet and is really both fluffy and moist when fresh from the oven. Here goes.

......

Ingredients:
185g unsalted butter
240g castor sugar
35g corn flour
2 tsp lemon juice
180g self raising flour, sifted
60ml full cream milk
1/2 tsp grated lemon rind
4 eggs
1 tsp lemon essence


Method:
1. Put all ingredients (I'm not sure if the sequence matters but I put in all the dry ingredients first, before adding the wet ones) into a mixing bowl, and beat at low speed for 1 min until well combined.

2. Then beat at medium high speed (I used number 3 on my mixer where the highest is 5) for 3 minutes.

3. Pour batter into a lined baking tin (I didn't line mine though) and bake in a preheated oven at 180 degrees Celsius for 40 mins or until cooked (toothpick comes out clean).

......

That's it!

Well, my cake was a little too dark at the top for my liking, so I might adjust the baking time to about 30 mins the next time. Just watch the oven from 25 minutes on... cos different ovens do heat differently. .. I think... :P

Fresh and hot from the oven


















Eh, auntie, I think your cake is a little burnt on top.























Say ahhhh.....























Not bad not bad






















This cake keeps well in the fridge too. Just let it thaw a little before tucking in. :)

Have fun baking and do let me know how it turns out for you eh?

:)

......

4 comments:

Lemoncakefan said...

Beat butter (cubed and soft) with sugar until pale and fluffy. Then add both types of flour and eggs, mix thoroughly before adding and stirring in milk, lemon juice, rind and essence. Try baking in lower part of oven so top's not burnt. See how that goes.

The Chronicler said...

wow Jeddy looks like such a big boy already!!! I can like imagine how he'd look like as a teenager!!!

Princess Grace || Photography By Princess said...

Hi, You don't know me, but I browsed through your blog and love your photos and style.... i'm following it now :)
I hope you follow mine too ;-)
http://ColorMePrincess.blogspot.com

iHeart Cookies said...

oh my god, this looks so delicious and easy! I'll make it!! Hi to your adorable child, so cute! =)