Friday, March 26, 2010

Oh My Aching Fingers...

Jeddy is into The Little Einsteins lately. It's all he ever watches. Try making him watch another cartoon and he will protest, "No [insert cartoon name] ! Watch Einsteins?" No amount of cajoling will work.

*narrow eyes*

I was then toying with the idea of getting some Little Einsteins toys for him. *pun unintended* But couldn't find anything decent. Erm, more like I couldn't find one that fits my budget. The rocket toy with two figurines costs a whopping $150 the last time I checked!

Well, in times like this, I do what I do best. Carve stamps! ;D

So there you have it. 10 hours of carving over 4 days. The entire cast of the Little Einsteins in rubber stamps!

I used a super tough material (PZ Kut) for these stamps so they could weather Jeddy boy's rough handling and my, were they super tough to carve as well! Glad my fingers and neck are still intact upon completion. Let's just say that Jeddy is not getting another set of rubber stamps for a while... :P






































































The things a mummy would do for her kids... *wistful sigh*

;)

......

2 comments:

Daphne said...

I simply LOVE your work. can carve for me or teach me? any on-going lessons, i want to sign up!

Maddy said...

My gal loves Little Einsteins too...what you did is awesome! Great mum! ;)