Thursday, January 03, 2008

What A Relief! (pun fully intended) ;D

He did it.

A huge one.

Plus a spray of pee all over me to celebrate.

So Jeddy finally pooped. Thanks to everyone's (esp Mum, Aunt, Esther and Dawn) great advice on how to solve his 'constipation' problem. He was clearly uncomfortable, fussing and crying much more than usual the past few days. Mum's theory is that the iron in the baby rice could be the culprit behind his sluggish bowel movements. Many people are known to suffer from constipation as a side effect from eating iron supplement pills. Also, his stomach could be trying to get used to digesting something other than milk....

Anyway, this entire episode has taught me to go easy on introducing semi-solids to the little one. Just because he's already adapt at swallowing doesn't mean he can stomach thick rice gruel yet... And I must remember to give him more water after his baby rice meal...

If you must know, I gave him about 4oz of water over 4 hours, 1 teaspoon of gripe water and lots of tummy rub with mint oil (clockwise direction about two fingers width from the navel) this morning before it all came out in the afternoon.

I was still lamenting about how he's not pooping over the phone with Aunt when I picked him up from the walker and smelled the best smell in days. :D :D

When I dropped him on the changing mat, i could see it starting to ooze from the sides and top of the diaper (pardon me if that's too much detail). And when I peeled it open almost too eagerly, a warm fountain greeted me. Good thing I wasn't leaning too close. (Reminder to self: close mouth when changing diapers)

I must have used up half the tissue box wiping his bottom. A messy affair if you ask me.

Mum was brave enough to ask for a photograph. So here it is. Scroll down at your own risk.

I repeat. At your own risk. ;D

.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
I hope it's not bad net etiquette to post baby poo pictures!

But just look at the glorious colour! A lovely mustard shade!

Muahahahahaha!



















;D

4 comments:

Unknown said...

EEEWWWWWW!!!!!!!!!
Actually it looks like melted peanut butter?!?!? hahahahahaha.....
Aunty May, the eccentric one...

Jo said...

kekeke... yummy! How's the new school?

Dawn said...

cool! that's def not constipation poo! haha..dont worry. that didnt gross me out a bit. USed to it!

The Chronicler said...

wow!!! great picture!!! I've always wanted to take a picture of Isaac's big poops! but everytime I encounter one, I'm too anxious to clean up and get it outta the way (cos scared isaac kicks it and dirties his feet - happened quite a few times) so always didn't manage to catch a pic...

great job of getting the pooop outta him! haven't started isaac on semi-solids yet... hehehe shall learn from all your experiences first HAHAHA...