I designed my first amigurumi (that's Japanese for crocheted stuffed toys). Ms Sunflower was created for Brannon, an ex-student of mine. He commissioned me to make a sunflower for 'someone' for the upcoming Val's Day. Bet that someone's real special. ;)
I remembered teaching Bran when he was still an angsty little fella. Haha... But my, has he grown into a fine lad now. Totally proud of him. Continue to live life to the fullest Bran! You've got what it takes!
So here she is, measuring 15 cm tall. I feel happy just looking at her. Do you? :)

And there's something for my boy too! Mr Jellyfish! :D

Noticed that Jeddy loves to pull at strings, ropes, cords, Tiam YiYi's luscious long hair (;D), such and such these days. So the idea of a little softie jellyfish with flowing tentacles struck me.
This is actually quite easy to make. If you don't have a sewing machine, you can use felt. Just cut out two pieces of felt rectangles and some varied lengths of strings/ropes/ribbons (don't make them too long!). Sew along the sides of the rectangle, inserting the ropes as you go along the base of the jellyfish head. Insert polyfill, and a bell too as you continue. Last of all, don't forget that smiley face. :)
When done, dangle Mr Jellyfish in front of your little one (3 months onwards) and watch him go for the tentacles! Knot the end of the strings or ropes so that it's easier for little hands to grab and hold on to.
So what was Jeddy's reaction to his new friend? I'm sure you could guess...
He shot out his hands with lightning speed and grabbed poor Mr Jello by his tentacles before I could even formally introduce them... He then swung the poor little critter around, and bashed him against the floor repeatedly without any mercy. Totally vicious as usual, but super fun to watch....
So report me to SPCA. ;D
......
......
Now I think I might have managed to teach Jeddy his first game!
It's called The Little Red Indian.
Don't know this game? Check out the vid then.
Since then, we've been playing this with him everyday. And we could see him try holding his note longer and longer for us too!
Mighty fun. :)
......


No comments:
Post a Comment