I can't believe that one month has passed by just like this... talk about grand ambitions to blog about my birth story and Lil' Jed's life...... I'd never imagine that being a mummy would be such hard work! I am officially a slave to my son, albeit willingly. ;D My 24 hours revolve around him (poor Hubs) and him alone.
Not that I'm complaining though...
I'm sacrificing some precious (almost non-existent) sleep here to blog after being inspired by Dawn, who's son Caleb is jus a month older than Jed. Think I will not regret writing it all down...
I really want to write about my labour and Jed's birth. It was nothing short of a miracle. So here goes....
......
If you read my previous post, you'd know that I was due for an induction as Jed was showing no sign of wanting to come out. I checked into the hospital on the 17th Aug at 8 pm. Before that, I was really praying and trusting the Lord's Hand on me and Jed.
Here's the Lord's Mighty Hand at work...
I was in fact 2 cm dilated when I went to the hospital! Dr Chan was very surprised as I did not feel the contractions at all. She was very pleased and announced that I do not need to be induced after all. Praise God! God has answered my prayer right on the dot! Talk about great timing. ;)
I did not feel much pain through the night though the contractions became more regular. It felt very much like menstrual cramps, which was bearable for me...
At about 5 am, the pain became stronger and stronger, but I was praying through each wave of contraction, following my mum's example to just praise the Lord for each contraction and breathe really deeply.
I was determined not to use any painkillers. I believed that the Lord will give us strength when we need it. I continued to trust in His love...
Dr Chan checked on me again at around 5 plus. I had dilated only a further 1.5 cm... so she sped things up a little for me by bursting my water bag. That was really painful!!
After my water bag burst, the pain really began to intensify. Each contraction was coming closer and closer and lasting longer each time. By 7 am, it was quite unbearable. I was groaning in pain, though I continued to focus on breathing and prayer each time. I made Hubs rub my forehead each time the contractions come while I focus on the waves and rub my tummy in a circular motion.
Around 9 am, I suddenly felt an intense urge to push with each contraction. The urge was beyond my control and I find myself pushing against my will. The midwife flipped me to one side and told me to breathe slowly while the doc rushed down to the labour ward. I was pulling at Hub's shirt and shouting in pain while the midwives set up the place for delivery. It was all very fast.
Dr Chan arrived, dressed up, and told me to place my hands behind my thighs. It was only then I released Hub's shirt. I think I almost tore it! With one deep breath, I pushed with all my might. The pain was really beyond what I have imagined, but somehow I was able to bear it and the urge to push made me forget the pain. With two pushes, Jed was out with a loud cry.
I pushed out the placenta with one final contraction and it was over.
Jed was born 10 am on the 18th August 2007, on his expected due date.
...
The Lord is faithful to all who place their trust in Him. Praise Him! :)
...
Here are some pictures:
Having a yucky porridge dinner at the labour ward. We did not manage to have dinner due to all the anxiety and preparation for the hospital stay.
Trying to sleep but ended up being awake the whole night! It was more from the discomfort of being strapped down than the contraction pain itself!
Out pops my little bundle of blessing. :)
I seriously need to get some sleep... will upload more in my next entry. Let's just hope that it won't take another month! :D
......
Till then.


No comments:
Post a Comment