Friday, August 17, 2007

It's Almost Time Now...

I finally decided to update my pathetic blog. Sheesh… how long has it been? 5 months?

Anyway, for those who check in once in a while, I’m reaching my due date tomorrow. Yep, 18 August. The little bugger in me is refusing to budge. There’s no sign of labour yet….

Anyway, went to see the doc on Wednesday and she said my cervix has begun to thin. Yippee!! But no dilation yet…. Duh…….

In the end, she decided to induce me so as not to get me past my due date. When she said she’d induce me on Friday night, my mind just went blank. I just ok ok all the way. So sotong!!! I should have asked her more about the procedure and all…. Sigh….. anyway, I did ask her if I was ready and she said yes… so I trust her professional judgement… she’s like 60 years old anyway….

So, I’m checking in tonight at 8 pm at Gleneagles to get the pill. I’ll be monitored through the night to see if that brings on any contractions. If that’s not effective, I’ll be put on the drip (oxytocin) to kickstart the whole process. If everything goes smoothly, baby Jed should be out on Saturday evening, on his due date.

……


I tried to do some research on inducing labour and I must admit I was quite discouraged with what I read. Many of the induced cases ended up in c-section as the baby was under distressed and suffering from lack of oxygen.

I’ve wanted to experience a natural birth all this while and have been praying that God will bless me with a smooth natural delivery. My desire is to rely on Him for His Strength through the entire process. Yeah, I’m a big mouth now to say that I do not want any painkillers (aka epidural) but I believe that God designed women so that they can bear the pain of childbirth. I also believe that when the time comes, He will show Himself to be faithful and guide us through the worst pain of our lives.

My mum told me that when she gave birth to me, she was just praising the Lord and saying Hallelujah through the entire labour process. She gave birth to me without any painkillers. Wow.

(Interesting Fact: I was also induced as my mum thought she had contractions. Turned out it was just food poisoning from eating too many kueh kueh! ;D Doctor told her to induce since she was in the hospital anyway… she was put on the drip at 1 pm and I was out by 6:30 pm)

I shall follow my mum’s good example and continue to trust in the Lord for a smooth labour and delivery. I trust that He has the best plan for me and my child.

This is my favourite verse and I have hung on to it many times in my life as I went through tough moments… I will continue to hang them…

For I know the plans I have for you, declares the LORD, plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future.
Then you will call upon Me and go and pray to Me, and I will listen to you. And you will seek Me and find Me, when you search for Me with all your heart.

Jeremiah 29:11-13

Amen!

Last night, as I was reading the Bible, I chanced upon a Psalm which had a date next to it… I remember that was the date which I had a miscarriage (17 October 2005). During that time, I had sought the Lord with all my heart and trusted that all was in His plans. I believed that it was for the best and that the Lord has prepared a far greater gift for me, greater than I can ever imagine. I believe that Jed is that gift. :)

It was Psalm 34.

I sought the Lord, and He heard me,
And delivered me from all my fears. (verse 4)

Thank you Lord, for Your Word that gives me strength and hope for all times. I will trust in You and Your Faithfulness to all who loves You…

……

Gotta go clean up the house once more and get ready to head down to the hospital. Pray for me!

No comments: