Sunday, January 14, 2007

Here I am, caught up in the rat race all over again....

only that, I am not actually qualified for the race! Arrghh!!!!!

For the clueless you, it means that I am now back at work. Teaching hundreds of kids a day, selling half my life to MOE (I think 12 hours a day warrants that!). Mind you, I'm supposed to be on a part time, part pay scheme (no career advancements), but noooooo, my over zealous new school lined up a whole lot of activities for me such that I am now working a full time, part pay scheme. Accckkk!!!!

Not that I have much to complain about the pupils, which are heavenly compared to my previous school. I am a stricter teacher now as well. Pupils who needs to be disciplined cannot be given too many chances. It's not unusual to hear me bark at students or glare at them now. Heh heh... I guess I have finally matured as a teacher huh! Still, there are monkey classes that I have yet to tame. Let's wait and see....

Can you believe it? I have not sat at my desk since 3rd Jan! After work and dinner, Hubs and I would just slack on the couch and watch TV. And I'll promptly go to bed by 10 pm.

This is how my desk looks like now.... urrgh!















And naturally... my crafting frenzy came to an abrupt end... much to my frustration.

Hmmpph! I should really monitor my work and see if I am being underpaid. If so, I don't think I want to sign the contract. Even though it gives me medical benefits, paid holidays and maternity leave....

Tomorrow's the start of another long week... and I have badminton duties till 6 pm. Darn.

...

No comments: